Since we are not authorised or regulated by the Solicitor Authority, we have listed below the key differences with an SRA authorised law firm, so our clients can be fully informed on the relevant regulatory framework to make their own decisions. Client care is our priority, always!
We are not authorised or regulated by the SRA, and we offer unregulated legal advisory services in Italian, European and international law.
Here are the key distinctions:
- Law firms that are authorised and regulated by the Solicitor Authority (SRA) are obligated to have professional indemnity insurance cover of at least 3 million for any one claim, whilst in the case of sole practitioners and partnership firms the requirement is at least £ 2 million for any one claim. We are not subject to the minimum insurance cover set by the SRA.
- SRA authorised law firms are subject to rules issued by the Solicitors Regulation Authority relating to the conduct of their business. We are not subject to those rules. However, it is clearly in our best interests to act in our clients’ best interest.
- If you are unhappy with the service received from a solicitor or a lawyer regulated in England and Wales, you can raise a complaint with the Legal Ombudsman. If you’re unhappy with our service, you cannot complain to the Legal Ombudsman but will have to raise your complaint with us directly. Please be assured that we treat complaints very seriously and make every effort to deal with them effectively.
- You are not able to make claims to the SRA Compensation Fund.
In the UK, under the Legal Services Act 2007, the following activities are reserved to solicitors or other regulated legal professionals:
- rights of Audience;
- conduct of Litigation;
- probate Activities;
- notarial Activities;
- administration of Oath;
- reserved instrument activities
You may find more information here.
We do not conduct any of the above listed reserved activities. If your needs fall within the above categories then we will be happy to introduce you to our trusted network of regulated solicitors with whom we have developed solid working relationships.